Thursday, October 21, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZZY GILLESPIE

      Ah, Jazz! I love it. There is nothing better than watching the rain hitting your window and listening to the soulful sound of jazz. In every jazz song you can hear the pain, love, sadness, etc. belt out with every note. It’s got to be one of the most emotional genre of music. I believe that all music is full of emotion. The best songs can make you feet whatever emotion the writer intended.

   And today is the birthday of one of Jazz’s most well-known artist, Dizzy Gillespie, born October 21, 1917. He died on January 6, 1993 of pancreatic cancer. But he music is still heard across the world. Best listened to on old records, but can he be purchased on CD. He is famous for he signature bent trumpet and those round puffed up cheeks. Several cartoons have been drawn depicting those round puffed up cheeks. I’ve included an article from wikipedia.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_Gillespie

Also you can check out some of his music here.

Dizzy and Louis Armstrong- Umberella Man

Dizzy- Salt Peanuts

Dizzy Gillespie- A Night In Tunisia

I hope you guys enjoy the music. I truly enjoyed listening to it as I looked for it. Of course, I invite you guys to take it one step further and look up some more classic from him.

Love Always.