Saturday, April 6, 2013

THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE

Today was a long day at work.  We have our production going full blast. My company is growing by leaps and bounds.  In fact, it’s been a long week. I am very satisfied at the amount of work that I was able to do this week. I love my job.  But nothing compares to coming home to the family.  I didn’t have to cook or clean today. It was actually a perfect Friday.  My boyfriend went shopping, I got a bunch of free shit with purchase  the other day while I was sopping.  Which basically means that tomorrow or even Sunday, we will be barbecuing.   My mother cooked a phenomenal dinner and brought some over to us, so that mean that I didn’t have to cook at all. I don’t mind cooking, I actually love to cook. I cook every night, and I don ‘t mean to toot my own horn, but I am a damn good cook. Right now me and my boyfriend are watching tv, and drinking. What are we drinking? Tequila and beer bombs! What are those you ask? It when you drop a shot of tequila into beer and drink it.  It gets you pretty messed up, real fast. LOL  I have to say that these are the simple things in life that I love.  Sitting here in my house, watching trash TV or sports with my baby.  This is how I choose to spend my Friday nights.  Sitting in my awesome living room drinking and playing video games. I have no need to get drunk in the club when I can get drunk in my house and pass out and not worry about idiots who wanna fight, cops who are on the look out, or other dangerous situations.

   My kids?  Yeah, they are resting quietly in their rooms.  They, too, are pretty exhausted from the week.  They are on spring break, and they have had so much fun hanging out with my mother and going on their little adventures.  And right now, they are in their rooms, detoxing from the week.   So it is quite.  A little too quiet personally! LOL But all in all, these are the simple things that I enjoy.  I do not require much.  Just some adult time. And quiet time. And this weekend, we are going to go the part and barbecue.  Maybe at the lake….

   Having this time allows me to think about the future and make plans.  Plans not only for the weekend, but for the summer. :-) I am thinking a road trip? Maybe to spend the weekend in Santa Cruz or Monterey.  Maybe another weekend in San Francisco.   Either way, I know my family will enjoy will enjoy it.  And, also, I know I am going to drink my way around town..

 

Ahh, the simple things in life are all I need to survive.

 

Love Always,